OK so what happened to the last year?? I am so sorry I've been rubbish at updating this blog for the past year. As an apology I've added some pics of our adventures from every month over the last 11 that I missed, hope you like them!
My excuses are
...... I was having issues uploading pics last year so I took the huff with the software
......we had an insanely busy summer last year, which was amazing!! We had so much fun.
......Erin has been keeping fantastically well and for the first time liver issues don't rule our lives!
......I had a poorly horse for 9 months that was taking up ALL of my spare time, she is now better and back to full health
Our main news is that Erin is going to be a big sister! In 11 days!!!! All very exciting/slightly scary but it's been a fairly long 9 months and I'm very ready for baby to arrive now. This time I put an order in for a baby who is low maintenance and that sleeps so I'm sure all will be fine.....#sticks fingers in ears and sings lalalalal#..........This one is booked to arrive via a nice drama free c section on the 8th May, which feels a bit odd but certainly helps plan child care. Erin is super excited we think she'll be a great big sister but not sure how well she will take to sharing her precious Daddy.
In Erin's other news - she started nursery in January, she goes 3 afternoons a week and loves it! She was very ready to start and it's all been fairly smooth except for the chicken pox exposure on the first day.....She's also started dance classes, a craft class and swimming lessons and is loving every one. She is a very social wee soul and pretty easy going in the main. She is frighteningly bright and comes out with things everyday that blow me away.
In other health news we've had 4 other chicken pox exposures of the last year which makes for too many trips for the preventative Vzig jag than we would like but thankfully she has not caught them again. It is rife in our area agin so we are hoping to get through the next few weeks with no pox until baby is here and we are back on our feet. The thought of a 2 week inpatient stay for pox and a brand new baby is a bit too much.
In fact the only inpatient stay we've had over the year was a couple of weeks ago for a nasty virus that gave her temps of 40 plus for over a week. She was admitted for bloods and iv antibiotics but tests came back as the respiratory version on Adenovirus so it really had to run its course on it's own. It knocked the stuffing out of her for a bit and her neutrophils dropped dramatically but she is back on good form now, going for extra bloods next week to confirm. We've had a few ear infections, chest infections and lots of colds but she is certainly stronger than ever this year.
We went for her yearly MOT to Leeds in February for her 3 year review (can you believe it's been 3 years?!) and everything looks great. She still has only 1 suitable vein for IV access which makes things tricky so we opted for no GRF test this year (had a cyctatin c test done at Yorkhill to test kidney function instead) so everything went a lot smoother.
Soooo I will aim to update at least monthly, promise!!

No comments:
Post a Comment