CafeMom Tickers

Wednesday, 20 October 2010

Weight update

Erin has been putting on lots of weight over the past 2 weeks, she is now a fantastic 11lbs 11oz (5.3kg), so an average gain of 1oz a day! The dietitians at Yorkhill are quite happy with this progress so she can remain being exclusively breastfed for now, which we are all pleased about especially Erin : )

Her wee cheeks are really filling out again and the beginnings of cute dimples are appearing on them when she flashes her widest smiles. She has rolled over onto her tummy a couple of times now but isn't too happy once she is there so don't think it'll be a regular trick just yet!

I had taken her to a girly lunch at my friends house at the weekend but she was a bit overwhelmed by all the faces and got a bit of a fright. She was so upset we just came home so I think we'll have to work on the socialising one step at a time. I can see her point really, most strangers she has met up until now have led to needles and other nastiness. She is due to get a Hep B vaccination on Monday so that's not going to help matters.

We also have a visit to Yorkhill next week which I'm not looking forward to, she'll probably have bloods taken then. Although they are unlikely to tell us anything new its very hard not to get anxious about these appointments. I've developed insomnia before each one, can't quite manage to switch my brain off once I wake up to feed Erin around 2am. Ironically Erin has no trouble switching off and sleeps from 7.30pm-9am, stirring briefly for feeds at 10pm, 2am and 6am. She definitely takes after her dad as she'll happily nap every 2 hours during the day as well, not that I'm complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment