CafeMom Tickers

Monday, 4 April 2011

Update

Firstly I apologise for the lack of updates, I've been so busy selfishly enjoying my wee tiddles I've completely neglected my blogging duties. I will make this up by posting incredibly cute piccys of Erin.

doing jigsaws at Grans
We have nothing much to add on the liver front (*huge smiles*) other than our weekly visits to Yorkhill are going well, all her LFTs are great. We are having some Tac issues as her level has dropped to 4.5 (we want between 5-10) despite increasing her dose to 1.8ml but we have increased her MMF to 0.8ml so that will provide some added protection against rejection. She now weighs a whopping 8.1kgs (17lbs 14oz)!!!! So has gained another 10oz in the last week. My mum thinks we are blowing her up with an air pump as she is getting chubbier by the day, I'll let you judge for yourselves from the piccys......

well if Mickey is daft enough to leave his ears so
 close to Erin's mouth he only has himself to blame....

the cheekiness is just oozing now
 In terms of development she is STILL teething but has nothing to show for it, these pesky teeth really can't be far away now and you can see them very clearly just below the surface. Her latest games involve throwing things around, her favourites being stacky cups, Sophie the giraffe and any dummies she can lay her hands on. She is such a happy bunny and her laugh is totally infectious, she is lots of fun to be around and we are all completely besotted with her.  She is even sleeping a little better (hurrah!) so we have a little more confidence that one day she may even sleep through, ah that will be just perfect.



The medical company that supplied us with the feeding equipment Erin needed before transplant came to pick up the rest of the stuff last week. I literally danced around the house when they left. I know it was a necessary evil at the time and undoubtedly helped Erin to maintain some body weight when she was very sick but I bloody hated NG feeding and all that came with it. I was so glad to see the horrid feeding pump go and our home is finally rid of all the boxes and boxes of medical supplies. It might sound odd but all that stuff made it feel like we were still living in a hospital of sorts and now we just have a shelf of meds and a few bags of syringes, almost normal eh? Ha ha

It was Mother's Day here yesterday, my first as a mummy, and I was treated to a day off! I had a lovely afternoon and evening out in Glasgow with friends on Saturday celebrating Lisa's 30th birthday, I hope I didn't look too much like an overstimulated child being out in adult company again. I was also treated to flowers, a long lie (bliss), a lovely card, chocys and a balloon from Erin, I think the balloon was for sharing as you can see below.


I also have to share my new favourite drawing, it is a portrait of Erin and Eeyore by Hayley. It is too cute for words and has pride of place on our fridge, it's a bit scary however that a 7 year old has neater handwriting than me ......

No comments:

Post a Comment