CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, 5 July 2011

Party girl

At last Erin finally stopped being sick last Wednesday and was fully fighting fit by Saturday. We had a lovely time at John's 2nd birthday party first from 12-2pm then Kate's 1st birthday party from 3pm, what can I say she is a social butterfly lol. Erin enjoyed watching all the other kids and grazing on lovely food, as did Jamie and I. On Sunday we had a lovely day out with the Marks at Dalkeith Country Park, Joshua and Rory were in fine form and very entertaining for Erin to watch, I'd love some of their energy.


the gang

cuddles for Aunt Lyndsay



We are beginning to realise however that Erin suffers from car sickness, she has often been sick during or shortly after car rides but it's becoming more regular. Not ideal with a tranplant kid who cannot afford to bring up her meds regularly!! We were only at John's party for 10 minutes and she brought up her bottle and seemed to feel better instantly. She did the same thing at my mum's last week but we had put it down to the bug. Today we had a clinic with our Leeds and Yorkhill consultants in Glasgow, Erin's breakfast all came back up when we were only half an hour into the journey. Think excorsist sickness, she even managed to get some on me and I was in the front seat! We pulled into a garden centre car park to clean her up, it was closed but a lovely lady came out and offered us to come and clean her up inside. By this point Erin was standing in her nappy on a blanket beside the car and I could see the look of horror on the lady's face when she saw Erin's scars but she didn't mention it. I think we forget about them sometimes, I do hope they fade a little. I rub Bio Oil into them twice a day which makes me feel like I'm being proactive.

On a brighter note the team were very happy with Erin and impressed that her bloods were all stable throughout the bug, her Tac stayed pretty much around 5. She can now begin the course of baby vaccinaions again although she will never be able to get live vaccines like the MMR, we have to rely on other parents vaccinating their kids to offer some herd immunity.

This brings me onto the horror that was todays bloods. It took 4 attempts and over an hour but they still didn't manage to get enough blood for all their tests. But enough was enough. Erin was absolutly distraught. It took every ounce of strength not to scream the place down too and run out the door but I know it has to be done. The registrar is very good at sampling, the trouble is Erin has had so many bloods done in the last few weeks her veins are shot and need a bit of time to heal. Whcih brings me on to the best news in ages, after next Tuesday's bloods we are (fingers crossed) going to get a break for 4 weeks inbetween sample as we are switching to monthly bloods!!! How amazing is that?

Erin's latest tricks are;
  • dancing to any music or song
  • telling the beagles off by saying ''eh eh eh'' if they come to close
  • squealing at the top of her voice very randomly, just because she can
  • waving you to come closer, mainly to pull your hair 
  • saying ''woo woo'' when she hears barking dogs
My little baba is growing up! It's so good to see but I still can't believe she is going to be one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment