Well I spoke too soon, Erin is still being sick periodically and the diarrhoea is being very persistent. So yesterday we had to take her back to Yorkhill for some more bloods. We now have a new favourite nurse practitioner who got all 5mls they needed with just one stick, hurrah for Stuart!
The good news is Erin's LFTs are great as are all the other blood levels so thats a big relief and we are just waiting on her Tac level results this afternoon. The team think she has a rotavirus and have sent away stool samples to confirm, the bad news is this may last another week, gulp. She is fairly bright in herself but very tired and sleeping a lot. Her appetite is very poor and I can only manage to persuade her with a little banana or yogurt for now but at least that is something. She is still drinking milk so I'm just offering her an extra bottle in the afternoon to help her stay hydrated. Just as well she had put on all the chub in the last few months!
So we are going to reassess on Friday to see if they want to check bloods again (cross your fingers she is better by then). It's Erin's best friend Kate's 1st birthday tomorrow so we are hoping she has no more sickness or diarrhoea after today then she would be able to go to her party on Saturday.
It's only 2 weeks to go until Miss Touble turns 1 as well, I can't wait to see her face at her party. It's such a milestone and one I thought we might never reach, she'll be able to have lots of birthday cake to help build her back up again!

No comments:
Post a Comment