Erin has been much the same regarding diorrhhea, still up to 15 times a day, but is much happier in herself and is finally eating properly again. She still looks very pale, although thankfully her stools are not, but she is not at full strength, we have not got to the bottom of it yet. I think it's the MMF, I think her body does not tollerate it anymore but we are waiting from word back from Leeds as to how long we keep 'waiting and seeing'.
We went to Yorkhill for bloods on Monday and again the results were reassuring and all her levels were in the normal range, except ALP again which is falling steadily. The actual getting the blood sample was awful, truly awful. Erin knows exactly what is happening the minute we enter the building, the registrar was delayed meaning she had an hour to work herself up into a frenzy before anyone had even touched her. It was a nightmare and we had to resort to 4 adults pinning her to the bed, I can't tell you how much it hurts us all.
In brighter news we attended a family bowling day ran by the CLDF in Glasgow last weekend which was great. We met some wonderful families with truly exceptional children, some of the nicest teenagers I've ever met. We are also going to their under 5's teddy bear picnic next weekend, the auditions for Erin's fav teddy are currently underway, my money is on big Eeyore.
Erin has a couple of new teeth to show for all her teething over the last few weeks but she is still sporting a horrid teething rash on her face so I'm sure there are more on the way. She currently enjoys playing with no clothes on, really hoping it's just a phase! How amazing is her scar looking???? I'm very pleased with all my bio-oiling efforts plus I think lots of kissing is helping it too, who could resist kissing this gorgeous tummy?
She is finally showing an interest in horses, her Dad is very pleased that it is the clean and cheaper variety than I'm partial to!

No comments:
Post a Comment