CafeMom Tickers

Saturday, 14 January 2012

A little rant may follow......

All is fairly quite with us at the moment. Erin's latest bloods showed another rise in neutrophils to 3.8 which is great but it was one of the worst blood draws yet. Erin is teething at the moment, we've already had the 'it's just teething, right?' conversation between ourselves more than once in the last few days. You just never know if it's something else until another tooth pops through, I guess it's just the way things are. Her teeth are certainly in good working order as the little monkey bite me on the cheek the other day! It was quite out of character and I'm hoping the fright she got from me shouting Aaaaaaaah will deter her from future taste testings.

We have had a busy week socialising, we are back at our toddler group two mornings a week, which Erin loves. We've also started a class at the local Gym called Mini Movers, basically an excercise class for toddlers! We are going with Erin's best friend Kate and her mum Lucy and the girls had great fun. It all went well until the end of the class, I'd asked the teacher (who is also a horsey friend) if she could do the speil about chicken pox and other bugs to let them know as there was an immune suppresed child in the group bla bla bla. She did it very well and it took the stress off me going round all the mum's individually and speaking to them about it. Just as we were leaving the teacher came over and said one of the mum's had let her know that her older daughter (who took part in the group with Erin) had a tummy bug, she had to stay off nursery so the mum had brought her along with her toddler. She said she was sorry and that she didn't realise there was a 'sick' child in the class. Arrrrrh! Is it just me or is this such an inappropriate thing to do, regardless of Erin's vulnerability? Not to mention my annoyance at her sick child comment, it is her kid that's sick not mine!! One of the other mum's there was pregnant, I'm sure she wouldn't be too chuffed to get a nasty d&v bug because of this ladies thoughtlessness. It takes me quite a bit of emotional effort to start taking Erin to a new group like this, not only because I have to go through the whole saga with strangers (which I hate) but it is the worry of her picking up something nasty because I have taken her somewhere. So this put a bit of a dampener on what was otherwise a great day. I'm hoping the mum will maybe think again before taking an unwell child to a group for toddlers, she did look upset and I suppose at least let us know. Thankfully Erin didn't (by some miracle and the bottle of handsanitizer I used on her) catch anything.

While I'm a rant I may as well get something else off my chest. I did another article for a magazine that was suppose to publicise the CLDF & The Sick Children's Trust charities as well as raise awareness for Organ Donation. It came out today in Pick Me Up Magazine and I'm less than pleased with it. I was given a 'read back' before Christmas where the charities were properly mentioned and I was told they were going to include info from the CLDF themselves. Well this hasn't happened, it's been published as a little tear jerker story as though it was written (very badly) by myself, which it wasn't! It contain's little inaccuracies and some completely made up nonsense but worst of all the charities are not mentioned, they only give the CLDFs name with no information. I suppose it's my own fault for expecting a magzine like this to publish something worth reading but I think it'll be the last story we do unless I write it myself.

There, I feel better already! To lighten the mood here are some pics of Miss Trouble
With her cousins on New Year's Day




How sweet are her new shoes?



No comments:

Post a Comment