Ok so I'm not managing to keep this blog updated as I promised. I will try harder!! Time is something I have very little of as always....between work, Erin, dogs, horses, housework and hospitals. If I think about it too much my head may pop.
Erin is doing super well and embracing all that comes with being 2, tantrums and all...... Her latest trick is to repeat 'for god sake' anytime she drops something accidentally, Daddy is getting the blame for that one...... Aside from the poor language she is mimicking her speech is coming on fairly quickly now. She loves to tell us stories about her day and babbles constantly, with about 50% of it understandable.
She successfully completed her Lap of Lanark loch to raise money for the Leeds Children's Team to take part in the British transplant games this weekend. She practically ran round the 1 mile route and only flagged towards the very end where a strategically placed set of grandparents and aunty helped spur her on the final section, it only took her 35 minutes! She has raised over £1000 for the team which is amazing!!!! Thank you all who supported her. This was all the more impressive when you know she spent a day in Wishaw General with a high fever just two days prior to the walk, we were worried about the dreaded pox but bloods were fine and she bounced back with impressive Erin enthusiasm .
This has been our only minor health blip of late and her recovery (from what must have been a virus) was very impressive and reassuring. Her latest bloods were PERFECT. We also finally got the lab results back from her tonsils and adenoids that were being checked for nasties. The results showed they were chronically infected (duh) but thankfully clear of anything more sinister which was a huge relief.
We have been so enjoying this latest spell of normality with her, life is considerably less stressful with a 'well' child!
We enjoyed a family day at the Edinburgh Fringe festival, went to a gig then clubbing!! A special show called Baby loves disco set in a nightclub was lots of dancing fun but her highlight was the train ride to the capital. Trains are the latest obsession.......
We are currently on holiday in Chester for a few days before we head further south for the games on Thursday. We had a lovely day at Chester Zoo today, highlight was the monorail through the park.
We are staying in a nice hotel with a pool so Erin is loving getting in for a dip, she is quite the water baby considering its only her third or forth time swimming. Tomorrow's plan is to head to a local park which has a miniature railway (I told you she is obsessed) then a walk round the city walls.
One thing that's tricky to manage while we are away is the food allergies. This morning she had a reaction at breakfast (note to self never trust a waiter who can't look you in the eye) thankfully just a mild reaction but it totally freaks me out when i can't control everything she eats by reading packets. However tonight we found a great restaurant in town that actually caters for allergies! We had a lovely meal and I wanted to hug the waitress for not rolling her eyes and thinking I was mental when I asked if the dough sticks were nut, sesame seed, bean, pea, lentil and mustard free!!
I will update this week when we get to the games, I think I'm more excited than Erin, 3 sleeps to go.







No comments:
Post a Comment