We have all been very busy socialising with just a little bit of hospital time recently but it was for a good purpose.
Erin was in day surgery at Yorkhill on Monday to have her broviac central line removed and she is now officially wireless for the first time since November, hurrah! She was a super brave girl and all the staff praised how well behaved she was despite the dreaded fasting period before the general anaesthetic (her ninth by the way). She was only away in theatre for 30 minutes and it all went smoothly. It's so amazing to see her wee body with no tubes or lines going in, she can now have a lovely kick about with no clothes on (which she couldn't do before incase she pulled the line out). I'm still getting used to not having to check where her line is lying everytime I pick her up. We are looking forward to taking the dressing off the wound site this weekend and giving her a proper bath to kick about in, her first proper dunking since November, I can't wait!
This weeks bloods were perfect but her Tac was still a bit low (3.9) so we've upped her dose to 2ml twice a day. Her haemoglobin is up to 100 so we are hoping she can stop the iron supplement soon, it will also be helped by the fact we have moved to fortnightly blood now. I'm so pleased about this especially now she will have to be jagged for all future bloods now the line is gone but it will also mean less time spent trailing her into Glasgow and more time having fun! She is down to four meds these days (Tac, Pred, MMF and Iron) it is sooooo much easier I can't tell you how much work it used to be just keeping onto of her perscriptions etc, it used to take us 30 minutes in the morning just to prepare and give her meds!
We've enjoyed some socialising over the weekend, Saturday was a day for birthdays and Erin got to go to her first party! Leah kindly invited us to her 5th birthday party, Erin had a great time watching all the bigger kids and did much better than I thought she would with all the noise and people before dropping like a stone to nap in the car. Jamie and I went to our friend James' 30th BBQ on Saturday night and Erin was a very well behaved sleeping baby for her Gran McIlvaney. It was so nice to get a chance to catch up with lots of people I havent seen since Erin was born. On Sunday we had the Mark family come round, Lyndsay and the boys helped me entertain Erin and Andrew did some tree clearing with Jamie. I can't believe how much Joshua and Rory have grown up since we last saw them, I feel like we've lost the last 10 months along the way while we've been living in a bubble of liver disease.
We had a lovely afternoon visiting our friends Lucy & Kate yesterday. Kate is just a couple of weeks older than Erin and I think they are going to be great friends. Kate was so sweet and brought Erin lots of her toys to play with and gave her lots of lovely hugs and pats. It was so lovely to see them playing together at last and Erin had a ball.
Erin is STILL teething but as gumsy as ever. She has 8 teeth coming in just now (2 bottom, 6 top) and her gums are very swollen it's such a shame but everyday I keep thinking they'll appear so watch this space.
Normality is finally settling in with us and we are having such a great time, we don't have to go back to hospital until the 6th June, how amazing is that?!

No comments:
Post a Comment