CafeMom Tickers

Sunday, 11 September 2011

Erin had an appointment for bloods at Yorkhill on Thursday and we have a new favourite registrar! Not only did Fiona get the sample first time but she has convinced the labs to accept a much smaller sample for some of the tests than they previously allowed. They used to need 10 mls to check all her relevant levels including CMV & EBV, co-agulation, LFT's and Tac but now they are happy with 3 mls!!! It is really the best news we've had in ages! It filled me with much joy and relief, I very nearly hugged the poor registrar, this will hopefully stop some of the heartache in the future as it regularly took 5+ attempts to get 10mls of Erin's precious red stuff. Most of the results are back and they are all ok, waiting on a few tomorrow. We did learn however the Erin is EBV positive (the Epstein-Barr virus), it kind of knocked me for six, it's not too concerning in itself (~50% of children are positive and 90%+ of adults) and at the moment as the levels are very low but I had no idea, apparently she has been positive for a while. I tend to accept results from the team as 'all fine' now rather than asking for specifics, maybe I should be asking for more details who knows.

We went to a 'Liver' coffee morning in Glasgow on Saturday and met some lovely new friends who are all at various stages of a liver journey. It was really nice to chat to other parents who go to our hospital and to see some of the older kids who are doing so well. Today was the big cycle! The guys set off very early for Glasgow and all completed the event in an excellent time. They had all finished and rode into Murrayfield stadium in Edinburgh within 3 hours and 30 minutes. We are all so proud of them and Erin was pleased as punch to be wandering around on a windy day meeting lots of people. It'll take a few days to gather all the forms to get a total of how much they have raised so I'll let you know when the counting is complete. Thanks to everyone who supported them, it is really very much aprreciated and your generous donations will be very well spent by the CLDF.


'Team Erin' Mission Complete!

Erin is still not walking on her own as yet but it's mainly because she enjoys dragging me around I think. She has already begun doing some chores now as well, so I make her walk the best behaved dog in our house ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment