Since Boxing day Erin has been teething which has made her more unsettled and very dribbly so we are hoping this first pesky tooth is nearly through so the poor thing can get a break from feeling rubbish.
| Pesky teeth! |
I've been so comforted by those who have offered us the most support, I will never forget their acts of kindness or warm words of care. We have had so much continuing support from unexpected places, people I hardly know and others I've barely met. I have also been upset at the lack of support from some I thought would always be there for me, I guess they find it easier to ignore the situation and probably lack the courage to be on this journey with us. The excuse of ''I didn't want to bother you'' really doesn't wash when I think about how long Erin has been ill for, do they really think we don't need our friends for 6 months? Anyway I'm not going to dwell on them but I'll certainly never forget.
We are looking forward to going to my parents tomorrow for New Year's dinner and fingers crossed Erin's little tooth is through soon. We are hoping she is putting on weight, she certainly feels heavier! So I guess we are starting the New Year with more than a bit of uncertainty but a lot of hope, Erin deserves a change in luck that's for sure. She is certainly developing new skills and a sense of humour, her favourite game is to throw things on the floor to watch you pick them up, I'm sure her repertoire of tricks will grow every day and who could resist smiling back at this wee face?

Its been an inspiring read Kirstin, and yeah your right it does put everything in life into perspective. She is utterly adorable. Hope everything continues to go well, you guys are in our thoughts and prayers, Dawn + Knighty x
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year guys, all the best for the future.
ReplyDelete