I can hardly believe it's been one month since the transplant and my thoughts are with Erin's donor family tonight. I can only imagine how hard their month has been. In contrast the last month has been fantastic for us, it's like we have been given our daughter back and she is going from strength to strength.
Our trip to Yorkhill on Monday went very well, all her bloods were normal again, I could get used to hearing that! They didn't weigh her as the only scales around were in a busy clinic area so we wanted to avoid exposing her to any germs. We were only in long enough for the team to say hello, take blood from her line (sooooo good to not have to use needles) and comment on how well she is looking. Everyday she is coming on a bit more. Her latest discovery is to make a continuous 'ah' sound when we are out for our family walks so that her voice changes as her pram goes over little bumps, she is just too cute! She is still keeping a close eye on the beagles but is much more settled in the house now, if only she could sleep for more than 3 hours at a time, once we get there we'll have cracked it!.
We have a busy week ahead. Physio tomorrow, a trip to Yorkhill on Thursday then Jamie has been organising a fundraiser for the CLDF's Big Yellow Friday. Along with lots of help from friends he is hosting a race night and raffle in our local community centre. The tickets went like hot cakes and sold out within a week! Our friend Stuart has been doing a sponsered slim and is having is final weigh in on the night, I hope all his sponsors have their wallets to hand as he was looking very slimline when I saw him last, well done Stuart!
Friends have already been busy raising funds for BYF and held a coffee morning last Friday with a raffle, stalls and homebaking at Capability Scotland's Stanmore House School. I managed to sneak along to help sample the produce and wow those ladies can bake, yum yum. I had such a nice time and met some wonderful children and staff. Thanks very much to Sandra, Betty, Fiona and all the other lovely ladies who made such an effort.
Thanks to those who have sponsored my niece & nephew for their 5K run that they are doing this Saturday at Strathclyde Park. They are only 11 and 7 so if you haven't already done so please follow my link and give them some support. Liam & Hayley 5K
I will update you all once the totals are in for the various events, everyone here is so generous I think the grand total will be impressive.

No comments:
Post a Comment