Well after a difficult week Erin is feeling a little better and has finally treated us to a night of less broken sleep. She had been waking ever hour or so and screaming in pain for up to an hour at a time, it's been exhausting and very worrying. We (and her medical team) aren't sure whats been the cause - antibiotics, meds, big liver, feeding tube, ascities, flu jags, teething, trapped wind, the diarhoea, it could be any or all of the above. The good news is she seems to be over the worst and back to sleeping for 3-4 hours at a time which is just bliss and we are feeling more positive again. It breaks my heart to see her in pain and distress, I've never felt so helpless. Thankfully Jamie and I tag team these periods to save our sanity. Our wonderful parents have been keeping our spirits up with food deliveries and visits, we are going to miss them when we are in Leeds next week.
Just to keep us on our toes Erin has taken to filling her nappy past bursting point on the last few mornings, resulting in poo incidents a plenty, this mornings was all over our bed - such a thoughtful baby.
Jamie, Erin and I all got our seasonal flu & swine flu jags this week so I'm feeling a bit more relaxed about that as there seems to be lots of it around at the moment.
We are still having issues with getting the right medical supplies and drugs but we have enough to get us by until Leed.
Now I'm off to prepare for Leeds, I'm getting better at packing for hospital trips these days. I know we are only going for a week but I have a nagging feeling it could be longer so I'm going to be prepared for anything! You can't travel light with a baby like Erin thats for sure.

Glad you got a bit of a rest, though it would probably take a month or two of sleep to fully catch up. Good luck for next week. Esmary.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you all as your journey continues.
ReplyDeletePraying for good results and an improvement for little Erinx
She is sooo pretty!