CafeMom Tickers

Tuesday, 8 February 2011

Aunty Marie

I'm feeling so much better today I'm updating my blog tonight but mummy is helping me type. The dr's said the results of yesterdays biopsy showed the raised AST levels were due to early rejection but the steroids & higher doses of Tac will sort it. They are aiming for Tac levels in the blood of between 8-12 but mine were only at 4 despite already being on 3 times the average dose! Apparently this means I have expensive taste 'cos it's a pretty expensive medication, mummy says she has no idea who I get that trait from.....

I'm a very luck baby to have a lovely Aunty Marie. Before I was given my new liver from a wonderful stranger my Aunty was being tested to see if she could give me some of hers. She was being very brave and ready to help me without thinking of herself. Apparently daddies liver was probably too big & mummies blood pressure was too high, I don't know why?
My mummy & daddy were very grateful to Aunty Marie for being tested but also very glad she didn't have to have an operation. I personally don't know what all the fuss was about as I quite like going to theatre to see my friends. To say thank you I let Aunty Marie give me a cuddle today and I even helped her untangle her hair at the same time, I'm such a thoughtful baby.

Lots of love Erin xx









- Posted from my mummies iPhone


Location:Ward 12 LGI

No comments:

Post a Comment